Protocol for Lawn & Garden Show
LAWN & GARDEN SHOW CHECKSHEET
1. Booth should be reserved one year in advance - reserve during current show for next year's show.
(Two checks are needed from the Treasurer: one for reservation for the next year, and one for rental tables and chairs. Contracts are delivered to MTDS contact person by L & G organizers.)
2. Remind members during Fall meetings and newsletters to dig/divide/ pot up plants for
L & G Show in Spring.
3. Sign up volunteers for L & G Show at holiday party and January Dinner Meeting - two people per shift. Shifts are 9:45 - 1:00, 12:45 - 5:00, 4:45 - 8:00 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
On Sunday, shifts are 9:45 - 1:00 and 12:45 - 5:00.
Additional volunteers may be needed for late Sunday clean-up.
4. an 15 - Feb 7 - Advertising should be placed in The Tennessean Garden Calendar and NES Power Notes regarding L&G Booth and Plant Sale.
5. February 5-10 - Send out e-mail notices to membership requesting names of donated plants to be sent to designated person so that preparation of spreadsheet may begin and subsequently pictures of plants. Goal of 300-350 plants should be attained.
6. One month prior to Show, event chair should send printed reminders to volunteers, listing their names and times when they are expected to work at the Show.
7. February 15 - Show date: Prepare spreadsheet of sale cultivars which should contain columns for cultivar name and number of pots of each one.
8. Prepare photo boards, pot pictures if desired, and pot labels if necessary.
9. Collect from storage facility or appropriate member the supplies needed for booth preparation: table covers, push pins, tape, membership forms, etc.
10. Make arrangements with Treasurer for pick-up of income at the end of each day of the Show. Treasurer will send required amount (5% of plant sale income) to Show organizers following collection of all money.
WHO will do each of these things?